Tips to Deal with Anxiety: Getting worried or anxious for specific problems for a certain amount of time is no big deal. Every individual goes through this. At the same time, in case you are constantly anxious for every small happening around you, you need to understand that this is an anxiety disorder and needs to be tackled, preferably by qualified professionals. You need to have some knowledge of the signs of anxiety disorder so that you can find the best medicine for anxiety.
What is Anxiety?
Worrying and getting stressed for a short period of time is normal but when this tends to carry on for weeks or even months you need to understand that this a symptom of anxiety disorder. If left untreated, these symptoms of anxiety and depression can cause havoc to your day-to-day living. Some symptoms of anxiety disorder include behavioral symptoms (isolation, procrastination and more), physical symptoms (body aches, muscle tension and more), emotional symptoms (constant worry, intrusive thoughts) and each of these need to be tackled at the earliest.
Handling Anxiety Disorders:
An individual going through anxiety find life tough and following specific tips can be a relief for these individuals.
- Ensure you include exercise into your daily routine. This is helpful not only for the physical health but also for your mental health. This can boost the sense of well-being and ease of the anxiety. Choose exercises which you seem to enjoy so that you can look forward to this part of your routine. This is apt for treating anxiety disorders.
- Give the required importance to sleep. You need to consider not only the quantity but also the quality of sleep. Those suffering from anxiety disorder might find sleeping a difficult task. Ensure you leave your mobile anywhere else except the bedroom. Make sure you follow a strict schedule for sleep and also ensure you find your bed comfortable. The temperature needs to be comfortable and cool.
- Follow a routine which includes deep breathing. This type of breathing tends to send signals to the brain that all is fine and you can relax. To gain maximum benefit of this deep breathing, ensure you lie down on a flat surface and place one hand on your chest and the other on your belly. When you inhale ensure the breath fills your belly and this rises and then exhale slowly.
- It is also important to go easy on the caffeine and alcohol. The anxiety you are going through can rise to uncomfortable levels as alcohol is a ‘downer’ and caffeine is an ‘upper’. You need to know that caffeine is present even in tea, chocolate and medicines taken for headaches.
- Make an effort to change the negative thoughts into positive ones. It is important not to let your mind control you. You need to be the boss. You can muster up courage and face your fears head-on.
Make sure you tackle the initial symptoms of anxiety and depression in the initial stages before this gets out of hand and rules your life.